Friday 4 August 2023

Week Ahead 4-10 August 2023

Letter from His Grace Ramvijay Das

Dear friends, community of Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada. All glories to Sri Sri Radha Radhanath.

I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude to each member of our special community for their continued support and engagement in the service of Sri Sri Radha Radhanath.

For almost two years, I have been privileged and grateful to serve as the Temple co-President together with Swarup Damodar Prabhu. During this period, I was blessed to expand my association. My appreciation for all of you increased tremendously. While engaged in this spiritual leadership service, I came to better appreciate the wide range of services and skills required to execute this service. It also became clearer to me what services for Sri Sri Radha Radhanath are more suited to my abilities and inclination. I found myself unable to fulfil some of my responsibilities in terms of the spiritual leadership roles required of a Temple President due to practical constraints. Therefore, I feel I would better serve by focusing on my management role within the temple.

I am grateful that my appeal to Swarup Damodar Prabhu and the ISKCON South Africa leadership to adjust my service role at Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple has been accepted. Going forward, I will now serve as the chairperson of the Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple Management Committee along with the various responsibilities delegated to me by Swarup Damodar Prabhu, who will now serve as the sole Temple President. In essence, most of my services will remain, except that the focus will be on developing the management agenda of the temple.

I am very eager to progress my refreshed role as it will allow me more capacity to assist all of you in your service to the lotus feet of Sri Sri Radha Radhanath and Srila Prabhupada. I appeal to you all for your prayers and blessings.

Hare Krishna.

Your servant,
Ramvijay Das

Week Ahead

Friday 4 August
Kendra Nama-hatta @7pm

The Valour of the Vaishnavis – Transcendental Teachings from Exemplary Female Devotees in the Scripture
with Her Grace Gangamata Goswamini Dasi
Venue: Kendra Hall
RSVP via WhatsApp on 083 453 3026 (Shravan)

Hillary Nama-hatta @7pm
Venue: 38 4th Street, Hillary
Inquiries: Alanath Das 083 775 2760

Saturday 5 August
Transcendental Diaries Class @7:30am

By Her Grace Gangamata Goswamini Dasi

Harinam Sankirtan in Durban CBD @10:00am
Starting at Victoria Street Market.
Contact: Virabhadra Das – 071 870 0588

Westville Nama-hatta Women’s Month Focus @2pm
Our celebration of Women’s Month includes activities to enhance your services to Krishna. This week, join us for an open discussion with the
Venue: UKZN Westville Hindu Centre

Westville Nama-hatta Book Club @3pm
The Science of Self-Realization Book Club
Come join us for interactive discussions and sharing of realizations
Venue: UKZN Westville Hindu Centre
Dinner prasada will be served at the conclusion of the programme
RSVP for both events via WhatsApp: Gaura Premi Devi Dasi 084 623 9164

Sunday 6 August
Krishna Book Class @7:30am

By His Grace Jaisacinandana Das

Love Feast @11am
Abhishek – Understanding the Lord’s Sacred Bathing Ceremony

With His Grace Swarup Damodar Das

Monday 7 August
Unit 6/7, Chatsworth Nama-hatta @7pm

Venue: Shantik Foundation, corner of roads 741 & 742
Inquiries: Alanath Das 083 775 2760

Wednesday 9 August
Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple’s Women’s Forum
invite ladies to the
Women’s Day High Tea @2pm
Book here

Janmashtami News

Lotus Market
Sunday 3 September 10:00am-4:00pm

Would you like to be a vendor at the Janmasthami Lotus Market?
Contact:
Doyal Caitanya 083 557 1062
Namamrita 084 500 410
Nerson 084 401 0119
Paramatma 076 549 5474
Ts&Cs apply • lotusmarket108@gmail.com

Volunteer with Purpose @Sri Krishna Janmashtami
Reach out to us to find out how you can be involved in this dynamic service. We’re looking for volunteers to help raise funds. Sign up to offer your assistance here or WhatsApp 065 549 5690.

Save the Date
Devotee Care – End of Life Care Seminar

Saturday 26 August
Venue: Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple
Register here

ISKCON Disciples Course
with His Grace Swarup Damodar Das
Rose Heights Primary School
10, 16, 25, 30 Sep & 1 Oct
Inquiries Alanath Das 083 775 2760

Reminders

Purushottama Maas
Ends Wednesday 16 August
Take advantage of the special offerings (aratis and pujas) available only during the month of Purushottam.
How to Book
WhatsApp Ishara on 063 297 4398. All pujas and aratis are R108 each. 

Volunteer with Purpose @Sri Krishna Janmashtami
Reach out to us to find out how you can be involved in this dynamic service. Sign up to offer your assistance using the link at the end of this email or WhatsApp 065 549 5690.

Govinda’s Restaurant & Radhanath’s Gifts
Monday – Saturday 9:30am-4pm
Sundays & Public Holidays 9:30am-3pm
Note: Govinda’s is now open on Wednesdays.

How to Connect to the Temple?
031 403 3328 • temple@iskcondurban.net • iskcondurban.net

No comments:

Post a Comment