Thursday 19 December 2013

Viva Spiritual Revolution! - Week Ahead 19-26 December

Dear Friends,

Srila Prabhupada's opening words to the Srimad-Bhagavatam, Canto 8:

“First of all, let me offer my humble, respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of my spiritual master, His Divine Grace Sri Srimad Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Prabhupada. Sometime in the year 1935 when His Divine Grace was staying at Radha-kunda, I went to see him from Bombay. At that time, he gave me many important instructions in regard to constructing temples and publishing books. He personally told me that publishing books is more important than constructing temples…I am neither a great scholar nor a great devotee; I am simply a humble servant of my spiritual master, and to the best of my ability I am trying to please him by publishing these books, with the cooperation of my disciples in America…Let us cooperatively publish more and more volumes of Srimad-Bhagavatam just to please His Divine Grace Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur.” Srila Bhaktisiddhanta stressed book publishing because he saw that books will convince a thoughtful soul towards devotion to Krishna. 

For the pleasure of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur and Srila Prabhupada we have distributed 16 765 books as of the 15th. You can help increase the book distribution by sponsoring isiZulu books. Viva Spiritual Revolution!

YOUR WEEK AHEAD

Saturday, 21 December
Disappearance Anniversary of Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakur 
Programme Schedule
7:00am Srila Prabhupada guru-puja
7:15am Class by Jaisacinandana Prabhu
11:00am Class by Srila Prabhupada
12:00pm Bhoga offering and pushpa-puja
12:30pm Raj-bhoga arati
1:00pm Feast

Sunday, 22 December 
Sunday Love Feast at 4pm

As always, we look forward to seeing you and hope this finds you in the best spirits,

Your friends at Sri Sri Radha Radhanath Temple

T: 031 4033328  |  F: 031 4034429  |  www.iskcondurban.net  |  temple@iskcondurban.net

No comments:

Post a Comment